Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

My (Mis-) Adventures in Distance Healing





My (Mis-)Adventures with Distance Healing  

So what is this “distance” healing all about?
You stand (or sit) in an empty room.
You say  (or think) “Reiki On” or something similar.
Energy you can’t see zaps across the street or millions of miles.
Someone you can’t see, or maybe don’t know senses this invisible force and their body responds by reducing its stress and allowing healing.

Right.  No wonder my friends and family think I’m strange.

I didn’t always accept distance healing.  I am well versed in the healing arts with master levels in most modalities - Practical Reiki,  Huna Reiki, Power Reiki, Chios, Quantum Touch, Matrix, Angel Hands and more.  I received my training & attunements them live in person “the proper powerful way”.

When I started my healing practice (more like when my healing practice started itself –but that’s another story) I offered only live, in person healings.   I had remarkable results which, much to my relief, allowed me to ignore the woo-woo distance healing part of the equation.
As time went on, I worked with healer partners.   I was always able to funnel the distance requests off to my partner.  Even though I saw distance healing & its effects, I still couldn’t place it in my world.   I was living in my own fuzzy space & quite happy there.
Then late one evening, around  10 pm , IT HAPPENED.  I picked up the phone thinking it was a cal I was expecting.  To my dismay, it was an elderly man sobbing.   He related that his wife suffered unbearable neck pain due to some sort of chiropractic procedure gone awry. They had tried every thing and were calling me as a last resort.. (Real flattering & confidence boosting to be called as a last resort – NOT!)
So, I took his credit card, told him I was a night owl and that I would start out with a 15 minute session.
True to my word I started sending energy to this complete stranger – thankful all my family members were else-wises occupied and not watching my ‘woo-woo” moment.

As I sent the energy, I sensed that the chiropractor had done a technically correct procedure but was not familiar with the meridian system & had left this lady with a pinched meridian.
I finished up my 15 minutes and waited for the phone to ring. It did ring but not until 3AM, The lady fallen asleep pain free.  She was now awake & uncomfortable.   Could I please do IT again.
So, I did IT again for the last time & was told the lady was pain free ever since.

THINGS I LEARNED:
1.Distance healing is real and it does work.
2.There are no “big” or “little” healings.
3.i am only responsible for sending the energy - -clear, concentrated, undluttered.
4. The person at the other end is responsible for receiving it and allowing it to work in their body.  This doesn’t always happen.
5. Distance healing works for people, pets, plants & problems  - the 4 P’s. as I call them.

GREAT SITUATIONS FOR DISTANCE HEALING
1.Across the miles when you can’t be there,
2. When you don’t want to touch some one – poison ivy and assorted skin problems
3. When touch is too painful or it is too painful for the client to move to allow access to the problem area. 

In short- Distance Healing does work.


No comments:

Post a Comment