Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Kids off to College for the first time?




Image result for off to collegeIt is that time of year and many of you are sending children off to college for the first time.  

For some of you, this will be with a sigh of releif.  For others it will be with just a sigh.  There will also be that bitter sweet moment of wonderment/bewilderment as you suddenly can't figure out how all the years have marched on.  You note that you were not able to capture them then nor can you do so now.

Off & on you will notice an odd feeling you can’t quite put your finger on. 

Your family unit has its own aura.

A child  leaving  -no how ready you  all are for it - leaves a hole in your family aura.  It will repair itself but will take  bit of time.  Be gentle with yourself!

It seems like yesterday my daughter was a babe in arms & then Time tricked me & suddenly she was all grown up!

A Mother's Call


I take this life You loaned me
And give her back to You.
I’ve done all that I’ve been called to
And now it’s up to You.

I place her fully
In Your loving care.
Watch, guide and keep her
Here and everywhere.

Give her strength and wisdom
And guide her in Your way.
Love, instruct and keep her
Safe – both night and day.

Form her vessel wholly
As it was meant to be.
I give her now entirely
Over to You from me.
For my daughter
Angelica Praise Dohan
28 Sep 2004





No comments:

Post a Comment