Pages

Friday, February 9, 2018

The Colour of Money

Image result for green

THE COLOR OF MONEY
Like many of you, I have gone to many seminars and read many books following the illusive “how to attract money trail”.

My upbringing was typical blue collar – my mother was a secretary and my father worked for the trains – servicing the coaches when they pulled in to Winnipeg.

I was always aware that I wasn’t one of the “rich kids”, but my needs were always well met and I never felt I lacked anything.

My up-bringing was pretty ordinary – with a dash of Irish thrown in to season it and spice things up a bit. 
We followed all the Irish “musts", including but not limited to:
-orange lilies in the garden (lots of them) as a reminder of the conquests of William of Orange
-hot cross buns on Good Friday to prevent the house from burning down over the upcoming year
- there were many more but paramount was that green clothing or accessories of any kind were forbidden in the house.  Green was the color of the faeries and to wear it would be to encourage them to practice their mischief upon you & anyone else in the house.

So , I grew up with a “green-less” life.  I can’t say it caused me any hardship.  I was never partial to the color and I assumed the smooth running of the household was due, at least in part to the absence of the color from my abode.

Fast forward 35 years..

I found myself at a very long seminar listing for the umpteenth time any childhood blocks to money I was unknowingly carrying from years gone by.  Did I sense from either parent a fear of lack or inadequacy in being able to supply and so on.

I had done the same boring inane exercise many times before & I was  just so fed up with it that I stroked out the “proper text book answers” which I had put down and marked that section of the hand out as “NO BLOCKS KNOWN”.

When one of the other participants  who knew me saw my answer she exclaimed “But that’s not true! Your childhood taught you to avoid green at all costs and to this day you won’t buy even a green scarf!”

Amazing what is so hidden to one & is so obvious to another!

BINGO!!!! I had spent my life successfully blocking the color green from all aspects of my life.  

The color of money?  You got it …green!

Take a look at your daily life.   Do you need to add some green?
I think an emerald ring & a green marguerita  are in order!





\

No comments:

Post a Comment