Pages

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Money DOES Grow on Trees - if you let it!



MONEY DOES GROW ON TREES – IF YOU ALLOW IT!




Watching my children grow up, I learned many things.  One thing  that I remember well from the wonderment of childhood is that NOTHING is impossible & that money will grow on trees – if you let it.

One day, my son Matthew came home from grade one stating that teacher had told the class that money didn’t grow on trees.  I mumbled some sort of acknowledgement whilst attempting to get on with my next supper task.

But then my ears perked up and my attention focused on Matthew as he continued  on that the teacher should be corrected as ALL things were possible if one only believed.  He stated he was going out to find a money tree and prove just how wrong the teacher had been.

Having pushed believing in one’s self and self empowerment, I thought I would just let it all go and when he couldn’t find a money tree it would all blow over.

He went out “to play” and came back an hour later waving a ten dollar bill and declaring that money did indeed grow on trees.   I assumed he had pulled his Granny money out of his piggy bank and was pulling a typical boyhood prank.

The next day he arrived home with the same declaration and  waving a single ten dollar bill.  Very  good – I figured he was waving the same bill he had been waving the day before and went along with “the joke”.

The third day when he claimed yet another tenner, I told him “enough was enough” and told him to show me all three tens at the same time – believing fully that this would be impossible as his piggy bank should have had less than $15 in it.

To my amazement and Matthew’s frustration (I told you so – Mom) Matthew produced 3 crisp ten dollar bills above and beyond his “normal piggy bank money”.

It was late night so I told him he would have to show me the money tree the next day.  So, the next day, skepticism in hand, we marched 5 blocks down to the local middle school where Matthew showed me the special tree (more like a bush) he had found playing “hide and go seek”.
Sure enough, there was ten dollars clipped to one of the inner leaves which my son gleefully unclipped and pocketed.


The next day we visited the bush again  where Matthew pocketed another $10. That made $50 in five days – not bad for a six year old boy!

So, somewhat at a loss and feeling foolish, I trodded Matthew down to the local police station to ask if they knew anything about a local “money tree”  Yeah, right.

To our surprise, they revealed that it was the local police that had been feeding the bush with bills trying to establish it as a marijuana drop point – but that Matthew kept finding and pocketing the money before the intended suspects did. The police were good natured about it.  They said the money was Matthew’s to keep but please stay away from the bush as the police had plans for it.

The lesson Matthew learned from this (and perpetuated through out the family) was that if you need money, simply go  out and find a money tree.

Following this  principle, my life has had a whole forest of money trees.

Two of my favourite trees were as follows:

I became very successful selling knitting machines.  However, in the early days, I often found it difficult to scrape together the $150 booth/ table fee for the expos.   One of best shows always came at a really  bad time of the year budget wise.   So, I let go of logic and told Universe I was looking for my money tree.  Sure enough, when I showed up to set up on Friday, I found a huge clay pot with an indoor tree bounding one end of my space.  Closer inspection revealed $50 tied into it’s branches which I gratefully pocketed.  Saturday and Sunday both yielded $50 as well.  This made $150 which paid for my booth fee.

Another time when the kids were young, the pantry was so bear - not even dust!   My husband and I were wondering where the food money was going to come from.  We jokingly said to each other  that it was time to go out and find the money tree.   We got into the car, driving off the ATM to see if by any chance it would release any $$ to us.
Jack pot!!  It was a dark and dismal night.  The place was deserted.  I noticed what  appeared to be a bill stuck to one of the hedge branches.  Closer inspection revealed it to be twenty and even closer inspection revealed four more wedged within the branches -$100

Stay tuned as I will be writing a number  of blog posts on real manifesting and sharing with you some of the more unorthodox  ways money  has come into my life when I least  expected it or needed it the most.

In closing, I wish you your own money tree!!






No comments:

Post a Comment